SSA “No-Match” Litigation
American Federation of Labor v. Chertoff, 552 F.Supp.2d 999 (N.D. Cal., 2007).
- Order Granting Motion for Preliminary Injunction (10/10/07).
- Memorandum in Support of Motion for Temporary Restraining Order and Preliminary Injunction (8/29/07).
- Complaint for Declaratory and Injunctive Relief (8/28/07).
- Safe Harbor Procedures for Employers Who Receive a No-Match Letter, 72 Fed. Reg. 45611 (Dept. of Homeland Security Final Rule, 8/15/07) — later enjoined.
Aramark Facility Services v. Service Employees International Union, Local 1877, No. 06-56662 (9th Cir. June 16, 2008).
- Decision by Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals (6/16/08).
- Brief of Amicus Curiae National Immigration Law Center in Support of Appellant (5/25/07).
- Brief summary of decision (Listing of Worker’s SSN in “No-Match” Letter Not Sufficient to Establish Constructive Knowledge That the Worker is Employment-Ineligible)