KNOW YOUR RIGHTS: Abortion Access for Immigrants
PDFs: Arabic | Chinese – Simplified |Chinese – Traditional| Haitian Creole | Korean | Spanish | Tagalog |Vietnamese|
Updated October 2022
We deserve control over our bodies and our futures, regardless of immigration status.
This resource addresses immigrant-specific concerns and provides information on how to access abortions.
If you are applying for an immigration benefit or have questions about your status, you should talk with a qualified immigration lawyer.
This resource provides guidance on the following questions:
- If abortion is legal in my state, can I get one even if I’m undocumented?
- If I get an abortion, will it affect my immigration status or my ability to get my citizenship?
- Can I travel to another state for an abortion if I am undocumented?
What do I do if I can’t afford an abortion?
- Can I get health care, including abortions, in my language?
- What happens if I am undocumented and pregnant, and have a medical emergency?
Is it safe to seek health care if I am undocumented?
- Do I need to show an identification card to get health care?
- Can I use medication for an abortion?
- Can I self-manage my abortion without a health care provider?