Challenge to Alabama’s HB 56, Section 30
Central Alabama Fair Housing, et al., v. Julie Magee, Alabama Revenue Commissioner, et al.
Briefs, Memos, and Orders Filed with/Issued by the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Alabama (from latest to earliest):
- Decision Granting Preliminary Injunction (12/12/11, PDF)
All links in this list take you to the website of our co-counsel the Southern Poverty Law Center.
- Denial of Motion to Dissolve Temporary Restraining Order (12/1/11; PDF)
- Plaintiffs’ Emergency Motion and Incorporated Memorandum to Enforce Temporary Restraining Order and to Stay Enforcement of Registration Deadline (11/30/11, PDF)
- Plaintiffs’ Memorandum in Support of Motion for Temporary Restraining Order and Preliminary Injunction (11/18/11, PDF)
- Plaintiffs’ Motion for Temporary Restraining Order and Preliminary Injunction (11/18/11, PDF)
- Complaint for Declaratory and Injunctive Relief and for Damages (11/18/11, PDF)
- More pleading documents are available from the Southern Poverty Law Center’s website.